Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Woo hoo! Council Erections!

Er..Elections.

But whatever.

So, here we are, a few idiots running for council, probably for the points, probably for fun, no one really knows, or cares. Most of them are probably fresh meat, not knowing how tough Council is, as what those who had went through the first three months would have known. They probably think that Council = Secondary School Prefects or something like that.

If that's their thinking, then they have to be prepared to DIE. LoL.

As one of the seniors have said it before: In Primary School, the Teachers work for you. In Secondary School, the teachers work with you. In JC, the teachers work AGAINST you.

So yes, they better be prepared to stay up till 3am doing those damned proposals. Reynolds is definately one of those who would shovel shit in your face, before stepping on your head.

This year Council Interns are definately more then last year. I thought that everyone who merely ran for council last year would immediately become a councilor.

Guess it isn't the case for the Dragon borns.

However, what amuses me most is the way they campaign. It is almost the same as last year. In fact, it's probably worse this year. At least our batch had people saying "Vote for us, and we will make the school environment much much better for YOU". This batch is simply "VOTE FOR US. YAY", without giving any reasons whatsoever as to WHY we have to vote for them. Heck, there was even a shameless self promotion of the person's blog and a girl who said she was so damn scared before singing a song (NEVER reveal that you are scared in events like these. It merely shows that you have NO self-confidence, and that you cannot perform in the big stage! Basics! And you want to run for council?) Only one guy has given a very convincing speach, saying WHY we should vote for them.

I think he's probably the guy I will vote, as well as the two from Chess Club. Most of the votes will be from Classmates/friends anyway...

I really have to applaude these Council Interns actually, even though they probably don't know what's ahead. That's what life is about right? Taking some risk. Life is all about risks.

Then again, I've taken two risks last year: Dropping Council, and dropping F Maths after the first three months. I'm so DAMN glad I did that, as I don't think how the heck I would be able to cope if I had held on to the both of them.

So, risks are good.

However, WORK ON YOUR DAMNED SPEECH.

Funny thing is that none of the councilors had ever said about their vision about the future of the school, what they will do when they get erected or something. I mean, can't they simply go "Vote for me, and I will change the canteen!" I will DEFINATELY vote for this guy. However, it seems like no one has used this technique, which means that it's probably banned.

How sad. That is no fun at all. I would be nice to see what they proposed to do, and what they actually do when elected. LoL.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pudding said...

Is there a Student Councillor who has really lived up to his words?

btw, thanks for being the first person to criticise on my blog promotion idea.

*Is preparing for no death tomorrow if the Q and A session does not clash with Chess Club*

11:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home